Arsenal have cancelled their plans to come back on the training ground on Tuesday and the management told players to remain at their homes because of the coronavirus pandemic.
Arsenal men's first-team squad were due back in training this week after the 14-day self-isolation period has ended. The whole squad and the staff were in self-isolation after Mikel Arteta has tested positive for COVID-19.
However, UK is facing the prospect of a total lockdown and Arsenal now say that it would be "inappropriate and irresponsible to ask players to come back at this time".
Arsenal gave a positive update on Arteta last week. They said that the Spaniard is "feeling much better" and is back planning for the remainder of the campaign as well as speaking to the players.
Arsenal made a statement saying: "Our men's first-team players were due to return to training on Tuesday after completing 14 days isolation following Mikel Arteta's positive tests for the virus.
"As a result of the situation around UK we are aware it would be inappropriate and irresponsible to ask players to come back at this time.
"Stay at home and save lives."
However, Arsenal promised to continue paying matchday and non-matchday casual workers until April 30- when the Premier League is expected to return.