Philippe Coutinho return to the Premier League has moved up a gear as many reports claim that Newcastle are in negotiations with Barcelona playmaker’s representatives.
The 27-year-old Brazilian has struggled at Barcelona since he joined them in 2018. This season Coutinho spent the season on loan at the Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich.
The Brazilian scored only 13 goals in 52 league appearances for the Spanish club since his £142m transfer from Anfield.
Despite he had quite impressive season with Bayern as he netted eight goals and made six assists in 22 games, he is expected to return to Camp Nou in the end of the season.
He has to find a new club, but as it seems that won't be that difficult.
Newcastle are on the verge of becoming the richest club in Europe as the £300m takeover by the Saudi Arabia Public Investment Fund is almost finalised.
The new owners identify Coutinho as the perfect addition to the squad to kick-start their new era of ownership.
However, it is believed that the negotiations with Coutinho’s representatives have already started and the Brazilian player is said to ‘believe very strongly in the project’ at St James’ Park.
However, Tottenham have also shown interest in Coutinho and they might join the race for his signing.
According to other reports, Mikel Arteta believes that in Arsenal the Brazilian could rediscover himself and he dreams of signing him this summer.
Earlier this month, Coutinho's agent, Kia Joorabchian, said that the playmaker would be very happy to join a Premier League club.
“We’re still waiting until the season finishes before we start talking about anything in terms of transfers,” Joorabchian told talkSPORT host Jim White on Monday.
“I’ve always said he loved to play in the Premier League, he enjoyed his time at Liverpool very much.
“If the opportunity arises to come back to the Premier League, whether it be this year or in the future, he’s definitely looking at that.”